The overall scope of this WP is the establishment of the RSMN by adding soil moisture and temperature observations to the national weather stations network.
- RSMN Design – Analyse the known approaches to the design of soil moisture measurements neworks, evaluate existing networks and propose a theoretical scenario to be used as a starting point in the design of the network. Elaborate the specifications and design the network (number, type, location, data communication, etc. of the ground probes);
- RSMN Implementation & Calibration – Implement the RSMN: purchase moisture & temperature probes, installation kits, data logging, interfaces and transmission equipments, test and calibrate probes, test equipments, install at the specified locations, set up the database server & communications etc; Test run individual nodes and the RSMN as a whole;
- RSMN Operation – Procedures for the operation of RSMN will be put in places, data transmission routed through the COMM Gateway. Periodical consistency and accuracy sensor checks will be performed.
- RSMN Design and Specifications Document;
- RSMN Implementation Document;
- RSMN Test results;
- Operational RSMN;
- RSMN Operating Manual.